Monday, January 04, 2010

Back to work we go.....



Sometimes I really do not want to work, it pains me to get out of bed in the morning. This usually does not happen as I love what I do. Basically I look at pretty clothes, talk to fantastic people, write and read magazines all day long. Yes it does sound taxing and that is the rosy view of it, there are a lot of other tedious tasks that I will not bore you with.

However, like I said most of the time I love my job and forget that I am working. When I do have a case of the work blues I like to look at my list of things that I aspire to become, do, achieve and as bad as it sounds, consume. I won't divulge the list as most of the time it seems a little silly and materialistic. However I find making a list like this to be so motivating and inspiring that I can't help but start tapping away at Miss Mac again. Try making a list of your own, basically a dot point form of your ultimate fantasy life. Try to do things everyday that will help you achieve these things. Yes, it can be daunting reading things that seem out of reach now, but if you never dream, why would you ever try and ultimately you will never achieve. Like Poppy said "the most soul destroying thing in life is not to try".

To help explain this concept a little better here is my favourite dream on my list....

  • To go back to the New York Bar at the Park Hyatt Tokyo in December 2010 and sit at a window seat.... Even though this might seem a little unrealistic at the moment, it is specific enough that I can do something everyday to work towards it.

I'd love to hear some of your dreams.....remember no dream is ever too silly or out of reach unless you keep it that way.

5 comments:

  1. I usually never remember my dreams, but mostly im with my friends and we're just talking and laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have short term dreams and long term dreams.

    Short term ones are to get a full time job in accounting, get my PR and live comfortably.

    Ultimate dream is the white pickled fence, house, 2 kids, 1 dog dream. I don't dream big but I think being able to work and still have cute kids is probably my biggest dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with becoming an accountant :) Working and having cute kids is a fantastic dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post ! I hate my current job it was supposed to be a stop gap and I've been here a year! appliying for jobs right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bucca, good luck in your job search :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving Lola a message ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails