Tuesday, December 15, 2009

To do....

Photobucket



One of the most important things for someone in public relations or anyone running their own business is organisation. It is imperative that you start off the new year with a clean slate and a fresh diary, preferably one that has one page for each day. I find this way you will always have enough space to jot down everything from grocery lists to meetings and little ideas you have during the day.

Another thing to look for in a diary is one that is visually appealing, yes I know this may not be as important as the space issue, but I think it is a good idea to choose a diary that you like, after all it will be with you for the next 365 days. I like to think of it as organisational feng shui.

Although I love to keep a diary, I am not always the best at using it to its maximum potential. I'll often go for days without writing anything down and will haphazardly jot down notes here and there that I don't really follow through with. I think this is because there is no clear structure to what I am writing down.

In order to keep myself on a more organisational track this year, I am going to write down my ideas, shopping lists, meetings and things to do in their own section each day and go back through the lists and cross them off. Hopefully this will help with keeping on track with tasks and not push me into the obsessive compulsive basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving Lola a message ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails